The refurbishment of this former Wesleyan Chapel and Synagogue took place in two stages. The first was completed in summer 2018, the second the following year.

Following refurbishment, the newly named University Hall is now used for graduation ceremonies, concerts and prestige lectures. A new foyer was created and the grade II listed chapel opened up with the replacement of the solid screens with glass.

Originally constructed in 1854, the building was extended to the rear in 1976. This second phase of refurbishment saw this rear extension replaced by a contemporary music centre. The new area provides dance and music studios, a dining facility and a green living wall. The design is sympathetic to the original building, to which it is linked by a glass vestibule.

Key Contact

Giles Ward
Managing Director